I sort of created this recipe by accident. I set out to make pumpkin bread, but had extra dried cranberries so chucked them in too. I then substituted a few ingredients to my usual recipe and hey presto! Here we are… Sugar free, packed with nutrients and great fresh or toasted, this is the recipe I never knew I needed in my life.
- 2 cups grated pumpkin
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 tbs Chia Seeds
- 1 cup of water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- Preheat Oven to 160 degrees Celsius
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper
- Sift flour and baking powder into a large bowl
- Add herbs and cranberries to large bowl, stir to combine.
- Add pumpkin and stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, use a whisk to combine oil, chia seeds and water.
- Add wet ingredients to large bowl and stir until a dough has formed.
- Pour dough into loaf tin, sprinkle with pumpkin seeds and place in oven.
- Bake for 50- 60 minutes or until a skewer can be inserted in the center and comes out clean.
- Place loaf on a cooling tray. Let it cool in the tin for 20 minutes, then remove and allow to completely cool.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. Enjoy fresh or toasted.
Tip: Pumpkin is a moist vegetable; therefore, the center of the loaf will be moist until fully cooled.