To say that my family enjoys food is the understatement of the century. Yes, we enjoy eating it, but we enjoy the labour of love that goes into producing hearty meals and food that is good for the soul. We love sitting around the table together and sharing meals. We love squeezing in as many chairs as we can, we love the clattering of cutlery and we love the conversation flowing so quickly that you have to raise your voice to be heard over the top of everyone else.
This recipe is my Uncle’s and the incessant overuse of garlic and rich flavours speaks to our Italian heritage. It’s super easy to make, but the ‘wow’ factor will leave you the talk of any gathering. This Blue Cheese and roasted Garlic dip is very rich, so is best shared among friends, but trust me, it’ll be hard to stop at just one taste.
Blue Cheese and Roasted Garlic Dip
- 6-7 whole Garlic Cloves, peeled
- half cup olive oil
- 120 grams blue cheese
- 1 long loaf of Turkish bread
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees celsius
- Add oil and peeled garlic to an oven proof dish and place in oven for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut Turkish bread into 5cm x 5cm cubes. place in oven for 10 minutes or until crunchy and golden.
- Cut blue cheese into small chunks.
- Remove the oven proof dish from the oven and drop blue cheese chunks into dip. Allow to sit for a few minutes as the hot oil partially melts the cheese.
- Use the Turkish bread to scoop up the dip and try not to devour in one go!
This dip is best enjoyed warm – and, if possible, around a campfire with friends, while drinking an icy cold beer 😉