Need a simple, go-to salad recipe that looks hella fancy but takes minimal effort? Then this is the recipe for you. This is my go-to salad for family BBQ’s, potluck nights and Christmas lunch. I could continue blabbering on about how great this recipe is – but I’ll just let the actual recipe do the talking.
- 180g block of haloumi
- 120g baby spinach
- ½ Cup Macadamias
- 700g Kent Pumpkin
- 1 lemon
- 150g green beans
- ½ head of broccoli
- Olive Oil
- Tbs Dried Rosemary
- 1 tbs butter
- Preheat oven to 180 grams
- Trim skin off pumpkin and nice into inch cubes
- Play pumpkin on a lined baking tray, drizzle with oil and sprinkle with dried rosemary. Toss to combine.
- Cook pumpkin in oven for 20 minutes or until pumpkin begins browning at edges.
- While pumpkin is cooking, trim ends of green beans and cut broccoli into small flowerets.
- Melt butter in pan and add in juice of one lemon. Add beans and broccoli and stir fry until softened. Set aside
- Slice haloumi length ways into 1.5 cm pieces. Fry haloumi in frying pan until golden.
- Remove haloumi from pan and slice into bite-size pieces.
- Place macadamia nuts in an oven proof dish and place in oven for 5 minutes or until slightly toasted.
- Place baby spinach on a serving plate, top with roasted pumpkin, fried beans and broccoli, haloumi and toasted macadamia nuts.
Tip: This salad doesn’t need a dressing, but does pair well with caramelised balsamic vinegar if you’re feeling a little fancy!
Pssst! I’d love to see how you use my recipes. Tag me in your photos, posts and Instagram stories using the handle @the.urban.farmhouse.