- 2 cups Sweet potato cubed.
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tbl olive oil
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1tsp Italian herbs
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius
- Boil sweet potato in a pot of water over medium heat until soft (about 15 minutes). Drain and allow to cool completely.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blitz until combined.
- Place approximately ½ cup of mixture onto a lined baking tray. Use a butter knife to smooth into disc shapes, about 1.5 cm thick. Wet knife as needed so mixture doesn’t stick. A standard baking tray will fit 2 pizza bases.
- Cook in oven for 20 minutes.
- Repeat Steps 4 and 5 until all mixture is used.
- Pizza bases can be frozen ahead of time. Simply defrost in the microwave for 30 seconds before use.
- To make pizza’s, take your base, and cover it with your favourite toppings (I used some homemade vegetable sauce as my base sauce) and cook for a further 15 minutes.