Prep Time: 25 minutes (+ 30 minutes refrigeration time)
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Yield: 13 biscuits
– 250g butter, softened
– 1/2 cup icing sugar mixture
– 1/3 cup custard powder
– 1/3 cup cornflour
– 1.5 cups plain flour
– 2 earl grey teabags (I use T2 French Early Grey)
– 1/2 cup boiling water
– 90g butter, softened
– 1 cup icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius, line 2 baking trays with paper
- Beat butter until creamy. Add flour, icing sugar, cornflour and custard powder. Stir until just combined. Place in fridge for 30 minutes
- Roll tablespoon sized balls of mixture and place on baking tray. Flatten with fork.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until edges are slightly golden. Allow to cool on tray
- Meanwhile, place teabag in heatproof jug and pour in boiling water. Allow to infuse for 10 minutes.
- Add butter and icing sugar for buttercream into a bowl and beat. Add 2 tablespoons of tea mixture.
- Once biscuits are completely cool, fill buttercream in a piping bag. Pipe over half of biscuits and sandwich together. Place in fridge to allow buttercream to set before eating. Store in fridge.